AI chipsets are characterized as multi-processor chips that learn from the environment, users and machines to uncover hidden pattern among data, allowing interconnected systems to derive actionable insights, and knowledge based perform operations.
AI Chipsets and other Technologies
AI chipsets are being developed by leading vendors with the intention of them being leveraged for wireless networks (LTE, 5G, WiFi, LPWAN, etc.), cloud computing (including edge computing), Internet of Things (IoT) systems and networks, and Big Data Analytics systems.
Each of these areas will be profoundly affected by AI chipsets as silicon is improved by onboard cognitive capabilities heretofore unrealized in a distributed intelligence basis.
AI Chipset Components
There are a myriad of different components involved in AI chipsets including on-chip memory, embedded software, and various interface support aspects such as sensors (fingerprint, touch, etc.) and wireless communications (NFC, Bluetooth, etc.).
The anticipated robust market for AI chipsets will drive the demand for these other components, which will lead to further innovation in these supporting technologies, which sill further benefit AI data processing. This positive feedback loop will persist for at least the next decade.
AI Chipset Growth Factors
AI is increasingly integrated into everything from data analytics engines to consumer devices such as Virtual Personal Assistants (VPA) such as the Amazon Echo or Google Home devices.
It is anticipated that AI will expand well beyond VPA devices as various technologies such as NLP and Machine Learning become embedded in virtually every software program of every product, service, and application.
In addition, General Purpose AI is anticipated to act as a stand-alone resource, which will be accessible via open APIs.
All of these factors indicate a robust market for AI chipsets.
AI Chipset Market Outlook
Mind Commerce sees a robust market for AI chipsets, driven in the near-term by emerging technologies such as edge computing and advanced data analytics. Longer term, AI chipsets will be integral to the support of Quantum Computing.
- More than 6.9 billion AI chipsets will be deployed by 2023
- Global AI chipsets market will approach $13.4B USD by 2023
- United States alone will generate more than $3.5B USD by 2023
- IoT will represent 83% of the entire AI chipsets market by 2023
- Edge Computing, Blockchain, and Data Analytics will be near-term drivers
- Top 20 vendors comprise greater than 90% of the entire AI chipsets market
Read below to learn more about our recent AI report.
AI Chipset Research
As part of its practice area focused on Artificial Intelligence (AI), including how AI is integrating with many different other technologies, Mind Commerce is pleased to offer its latest AI report focused on the chipsets marketplace: AI Chipsets for Wireless Networks and Devices, Cloud and Next Generation Computing, IoT, and Big Data Analytics 2018 – 2023
Published: July 2018 Pages: 229
Pricing by License: Single-user $ 1,995 Multi User $ 2,995, Company $ 4,995
Mind Commerce AI Chipset Report
This report evaluates leading market players across the AI chipsets ecosystem, technology strategies, and solution plans. This includes leveraging AI chipsets for support of various emerging and disintermediating technology areas such as edge computing, 5G, an blockchain networks. Additional areas addressed include AI support of emerging Quantum Computing technologies.
This report also assesses applications and service support scenarios for AI chipsets across almost all major industry verticals. The report provides forecasts for AI chipset hardware, embedded software, professional service, deployment platforms, and applications for every major industry vertical as well as regional and country forecasts for 2018 to 2023.
The report also provides exclusive recommendations for stakeholders within the AI chipsets ecosystem.he report includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you’re addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
AI Chipset Companies
Companies in this report include:
- Adapteva Inc.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Inc.
- AIBrain Inc.
- Amazon Inc. (AWS)
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Applied Materials Inc.
- Baidu Inc.
- Bitmain Technologies Inc.
- Broadcom Corporation
- Cadence Design Systems Inc.
- Cambricon Technologies Corporation Limited
- Cypress Semiconductor Corp
- DeePhi Tech
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- General Vision Inc.
- Google Inc.
- GROQ Inc.
- Gyrfalcon Technology Inc.
- Horizon Robotics
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- IBM Corporation
- Imagination Technologies Limited
- Inbenta Technologies Inc.
- Integrated Device Technology (IDT) Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Knuedge Inc.
- KRTKL Inc.
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
- MediaTek Inc.
- Mellanox Technologies
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Micron Technology
- Microsoft Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- Numenta Inc.
- NVIDIA Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Qualcomm Incorporated
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Rohm Semiconductor
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
- Semtech Corporation
- Sentient Technologies Holdings Limited
- Shanghai Think-Force Electronic Technology Co. Ltd.
- SK Hynix Inc.
- SK Telecom
- Softbank Group Corp. (ARM Limited)
- Synopsys Inc.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (TSMC)
- Tenstorrent Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Toshiba Corporation
- VeriSilicon Limited
- Wave Computing
- XILINX Inc.
- ZTE Corporation
While the above vendors do not represent an exhaustive list of all of those companies in the AI chipset value chain, they do constitute major suppliers actively involved in research, development, manufacturing, and deployment of hardware, software, firmware, integration and other services, and related technologies.
Additional Artificial Intelligence Reports
Additional recently released Mind Commerce AI reports include the following:
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics in Industrial, Enterprise, Military, and Consumer Products, Services, and Solutions 2018 – 2023
- Artificial Intelligence Market by Platforms, Components, Deployment Mode, Applications, and Industry Verticals 2018 – 2023
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in North America: AI Market by Platforms, Components, Deployment Mode, Applications, and Industry Verticals
- Virtual Personal Assistants: Artificial Intelligence Enabled Smart Advisors and Intelligent Agent Market Outlook and Forecasts 2018 – 2023
- Next Generation Networking for Artificial Intelligence (AI): Market Outlook for AI driven SDN, 5G, IoT, and Network Analytics 2018 – 2023