The short answer is that it’s hard to say what specific changes will come with them on a specific technology, product/service, solution, and/or company basis.
However, one thing is clear to Mind Commerce:
There will be some ICT Dominators in each of these categories: 5G, AI, IoT
One need only look to the past when new technologies were introduced and they found themselves into new products, services, and completely new business models and industries.
A few examples to consider are:
- When DSL first emerged, there were the Covad companies of the world that were the pioneers, only to have the legacy carriers take over. What will be the next DSL?
- 3D printing may not be impacting too many areas, yet, but what will it do to things like auto parts and parts in general?
- Drones are a relative novelty at this point, but how will they impact shipping, police patrol, etc. ?
The “Sharing Economy” is projected to be $335B by 2025
- Airbnb has already impacted hotels and the hospitality industry in general
- The same goes for Uber, which has significantly impacted the taxi and rental car industries
We believe that each of these technologies will be a major driver of change.
To learn more about big changes coming for 5G and IoT, see:
5G Technology and Solutions for IoT: Ecosystem Analysis, Market Outlook, and Forecasts 2020 – 2025 assesses 5G technologies and solutions in support of IoT. The report evaluates certain key solutions such as 5G enabled Mobile Edge Computing (MEC). The report also analyzes the impact of 5G in IoT across infrastructure components including hardware, processors, embedded devices, software, and cloud-based service platforms. The report includes detailed forecasts for the period 2020 to 2025.